Dr. SREAN, Pao
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Processing | National University of Battambang (NUBB) | Battambang 020101| Cambodia | E-mail: email@example.com
- 2015: Ph.D. at Universitat de Girona (UdG), Spain
- 2009: MSc. at Royal University of Agriculture (RUA), Cambodia
- 2006: BSc. at RUA, Cambodia
- Dean, Faculty of Agriculture & Food Processing at UBB, Cambodia; July 11, 2018 – present
- Acting-Dean, Faculty of Agriculture & Food Processing at UBB, Cambodia; Aug, 2015 – July 10, 2018
- Assistant Editor for the Asian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Science (AJAES)
- Asisttant to the Rector, in-charge of Post-Graduate Program at UBB, Cambodia; Sep, 2010 – Aug, 2012
- Asisttant to the Rector, in-charge of Research and Development Centre, UBB; Jun, 2008 – Aug, 2010
- Young Investigator at Graduate School of RUA; Dec, 2005 – May, 2008
- Volunteer, Faculty of Agriculture, RUA; 2004 – 2008
Participation in ASEAN Events
- 2019 Jul., 26 – 28: SEAN-ROK Vision Innovation Competition, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- 2016 Sep., 11 – 15: ASEAN & CHINA, JAPAN AND KOREA (10+3) Young Scientists Growth and Cooperation Forum of the 4th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation; Nanning, CHINA
- 2016 May, 10 – 12: ASEAN-EU Joint Funding Meeting and STI Days; Hanoi, VIET NAM
- 2016 Jan., 17 – 23: Exchange Program for Young ASEAN Officials Working in Science, Technology and Innovation of Sakura Science Plan, Japan Science and Technology; JAPAN
- Thailand: A course on ‘How to enhance capacity to transform science into policy and practice in the field of food security‘, Bangkok, Thailand; January 21 – 27, 2018; NEWS.
- France: Agroecology; INP ENSAT; 1-20th May, 2017.
- China: Capacity Development for Farm Management Strategies to Improve Crop-Water Productivity Using AquaCrop at China Agricultural University (CAU), Beijing, Sep 13 – 19, 2009. (List of participants)
- China: Tropic and Sub-tropic Agricultural Biotechnologies at Guangxi Academy of Agricultural Sciences (GXAAS), Guangxi, Jun 01 – 30, 2009.
- Thailand: Aquaculture at Ubon Rajathani University (UBU), Ubon Rajathani (May 12 – 27, 2009).
- Taiwan ROC: Agricultural Biotechnology at National Taiwan University (NTU), Taipei, Sep 02 – 11, 2007.
- Thailand: Basic Research-based Training on ‘Disease-free Plant Production through Biotechnology’ at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Pathum Thani, Jul – Sep, 2006. Report
Presentation and conference attended
- Srean, P., Tillahun, S., Lo S., and Rien S. 2019. Identifying the best tools for Conservation Agriculture Commercial Vegetable Homegarden Production System. ASABE 2019 ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL MEETING; July 7 – 10, 2019, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Srean, P. 2019. Changes in Cambodian agriculture because of climate changes. Green Brick Movement Workshop, University of Battambang, Cambodia; 26th January, 2019.
- Srean, P. 2018. Soil ecosystem services assessment under vegetable production. Agroecology Futures Regional Forum, 6-8 November 2018, Siem Reap Cambodia.
McKnight, E., García‐Berthou, E., Srean, P., Rius, M. 2018. Global meta-analysis of native and nonindigenous trophic traits in aquatic ecosystems. NEOBIOTA 2018; 10th International Conference on Biological Invasions New Directions in Invasion Biology; 3rd – 7th September 2018, Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland.
- Rien, R, Srean, P., Martin, RJ. 2017. Weed seed and weedy rice contamination of harvested paddy in Cambodia. Proceedings of the 7th International Graduate Research Conference, Ubon Ratchathani University, Thailand, October 19-20th, 2017.
- Srean, P. 2016. Marine and Coastal Area Condition in Cambodia. International Seminar on “Sustainable Utilization of Coastal Resources in Tropical Zone” – ISECoastal 2016; 19 – 20 October, 2016 at University of Bengkulu, Indonesia: Invited Speaker.
- Srean, P. 2016. Soil Resources and Land Use in Cambodia. The Current Situation and Prospect of Korea-Cambodia Agriculture Law System; 8 August, 2016, at University of Battambang, Cambodia: Invited Speaker. PDF
- Sieng, E. and Srean, P. 2015. Implementing ‘One Asia Foundation Project’ at University of Battambang: An Empirical Examination. The GMS-ASEAN Conference 2015 on “Asian Perspectives on Peace and Development: Questioning the Future of GMS and ASEAN”, 17-18 December, 2015; Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand: Invited Speaker.
- Sep, V., Srean, P. and Touch, V. 2015. Combination Effects of Fertilizers and Trichoderma harzianum on Cambodian Rice Varieties. Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Oral Presentation.
- Khin, S., Phon, M., Rien, R. and Srean, P. 2015. Hydroponic Endive Lettuce in Drip System: Macronutrients Effect on Growth and Development. Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Oral Presentation. Abstract.
- Srean, P., Sinh, K., Prak, S. and Bin, C. 2015. Potency of Aquatic Local Resources in Cambodia. The International Seminar and Expo on “Promoting Local Resources for Food and Health” – ISEPROLOCAL – 2015, 12-13 October, 2015; University of Bengkulu, Bengkulu, Indonesia: Invited Speaker.
- Suon, S., Yong, T. and Srean, P. 2015. Effects of Foliar and Soil Applied Fertilizers on Cambodian Rice. The 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Poster Presentation.
- Prak, S., Neang, S., Tann, P., Sinh, K. and Srean, P. 2015. The Effect of Stocking Density on Silver Barb (Barbonymus gonionotus) Growing and Survival. Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Poster Presentation.
- Sinh, K., Prak, S. and Srean, P. 2015. Potential of Freshwater Fish Production in Cambodia.Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Poster Presentation.
- Tann, P., Rien S., Neang, S., Prak, S. and Srean, P. 2015. Mass and Sizes Relationship of Silver Barb (Puntioplites proctozysron) and Bronze Featherback (Notopterus notopterus). Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Poster Presentation.
- Samoth, P., Rem, P. and Srean, P. 2015. The Effect of Temperature on Fingering African Catfish Growth. Proceedings of the 2nd National Conference on Agriculture and Rural Development, 21 November, 2015; Royal University of Agriculture, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Poster Presentation.
- Srean, P., Sinh, K., Prak S., and Bin, C. 2015. Potency of Aquatic Local Resources in Cambodia. ISEPROLOCAL – 2015 (http://iseprolocal.unib.ac.id/), University of Bengkulu, Bengkulu, Indonesia. 12-13, October, 2015: Oral Presentation (Invited Speaker).
- Srean P., Almeida D., Luo Y., García-Berthou E. 2015. Poster: Effects of size and sex on swimming performance and metabolism traits of invasive mosquitofish Gambusia holbrooki. Fish Passage 2015, 22–24 June, 2015,Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Srean P., Magellan K., Merciai R., García-Berthou E. 2014. Poster: Disentangling the worldwide distribution and introduction correlates of invasive mosquitofishes. 8th International Conference on Biological Invasions, 3–8 November 2014, Antalya, Turkey.
- García-Berthou E., Bae M-J., Merciai R., Srean P., Tuulaikhuu B., Murphy C. A. 2014. Oral Presentation: The role of hydrological alteration in explaining invasiveness of two North American fish species introduced to the Iberian Peninsula. 8th International Conference on Biological Invasions, 3–8 November 2014, Antalya, Turkey.
- Merciai R., Bae M.J., Sabater S., Srean P., Garcia-Berthou E. 2014. Oral Presentation: Growth and condition of two small-sized Cyprinids in a hydrologically-altered Mediterranean stream. 11th International Conference on the Biology of Fish, 3–7 August, 2014, Edinburgh, UK.
- Srean P., Magellan K., Merciai R., García-Berthou E. 2014. Oral Presentation: Worldwide distribution and introduction correlates of “the most widely distributed fish in the world”. 17th Congress of the Iberian Association of Limnology, 6–11 July, 2014, Santander, Spain.
- Murata T., Hiroki M., Tomioka N., Nohara S., Yoshida K., Fukushima M., Imai A., Jutagate T., Srean P. & Praxaysombath B. 2014. Poster: Sedimentation processes of phosphorus in the catena in dam reservoirs in the Mekong River Basin. 20th World Congress of Soil Science, 8–13 June, 2014, Jeju, South Korea.
- Srean P., Chuong S., Touch V., Sann V. 2007. Poster: The Effect of Using Organic Fertiliser on Yield of Rice Produced in a System of Rice Intensification. Tropentag 2007: Utilisation of diversity in land use systems: Sustainable and organic approaches to meet human needs, 9–11 October, 2007, Witzenhausen, Germany.
- Attendance: Agricultural Development Research Interest Group Research Workshop, 3 August, 2012, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Attendance: International Symposium on Banana, 23–26 January, 2012, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Attendance: Regional Network on Poverty Eradication, 23–25 October, 2011. Battambang, Cambodia.
- 2019 – 2022: S3-Cambodia: Scaling Suitable Sustainable Technologies. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sustainable Intensification. USAID: $750,000.
- 2019 – 2022: Training a new generation of entrepreneurs in sustainable agriculture and food engineering (Food-STEM). European Commission, Erasmus+. € 999,679.00.
- 2016 – 2020: Development and dissemination of sustainable production system based on invasive pest management of cassava in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand (SATREPS). Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) & Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). ¥100 million. Country coordinator for Cambodia/PI: P. Srean.
- 2015 – 2018: Implementing quality of education & training of the young Universities in Cambodian rural area (UNICAM). European Commission, Erasmus+ 562006-EPP-2015-1-ES-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP. € 830,837. PI: H. Gaush (University of Girona, Spain), PI UBB: P. Srean
- 2013 – 2016: Maintaining productivity and income in Tonle Sap fishery in the face of climate change (TLSCC). ANR (France). 194,000 €. PI: P. Srean
- Jul. 2015 – Jun. 2016: Millet farm experiment in north-western Cambodia. Hakubaku Co. Ltd. (South Korea). 5,240 US$. PI: P. Srean
- 2014 – 2017: Towards a sustainable use of Mediterranean stream ecosystems: direct and indirect effects of hydrological alteration on fish. Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad, CGL2013-43822-R. PI: E. García-Berthou. 66,550 €.
- 2014 – 2016: Grants to support the activities of the research groups (SGR 2014). Consolidated group recognized and funded. “Research Group on Aquatic Ecology” (EcoAqua) (2014 SGR 484)”. Generalitat de Catalunya. PI: E. García-Berthou. 48,000 €.
- 2013 – 2014: Improving Fruit Quality and Quantity in Huanglongbing (HLB) Infected Sweet Orange through Antibiotic Injection and Foliar Fertilization. Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. PI: P. Srean. US$ 41,480.
- 2011 – 2014: Dam development and environmental conservation in the Mekong River basin –Ecosystem services by dam reservoirs. PI: M. Fukushima. 19,160,000 Yen (~ US$ 160,278).
- 2011 – 2012: Landscape Recognition in Battambang, Cambodia. Joined Project between University of Tokyo (Japan) and University of Battambang (Cambodia). PI: A. KAMOSHITA.
- Solé Simó, Laia Maria. 2015. Efectes de la mida corporal sobre la capacitat de natació i el metabolisme a Phoxinus bigerri. B.Sc. thesis, University of Girona. 18 p. Supervisors: E. García- Berthou & P. Srean.
- Germán, Bartolomé Lopez. 2015. Estudi sobre l’efecte de la mida i el pes en la capacitat crítica de natació i en el metabolisme del barb de muntanya (Barbus meridionalis). M.Sc. thesis, University of Girona. 32 p. Supervisors: E. García-Berthou & P. Srean